20 Books of Summer Challenge.
This challenge is hosted by Cathy at 756Books.com blog. I have been following Cathy for a long time now with my other blog MichelleBookAddict. She has some fun buddy reads and challenges, like this one.
20 Books Of Summer is from Jue 1st to September 1st. Cathy’s rules are very flexible so I just might be able to read more this summer with this great challenge. I’m hoping to read 10 books… maybe more. The Hashtag is #20BooksOfSummer20
So here’s my 10 Books Of Summer TBR:
• The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I do hope to start reading the prequel, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. After that I am hoping to reread the trilogy so I’m adding it to my tbr here.
• Summer Days and Summer Nights: 12 Love Stories (edited by Stephanie Perkins). Another book that I’ve been reading off and on for the past 2 years. I was able to finish the Christmas edition last year so maybe this summer I can finish this book. The 12 short stories are cute for Young Adult fiction.
• Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams. It’s the 5th book to the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I first started reading this hilarious series 6 years ago. I still haven’t finished but this year I will try. I loved the movie with Martin Freeman when it first came out and the audiobooks are read by him so that makes it fun.
• Resistance by Tori Amos. I got this nonfiction book thanks to Netgalley months ago and have been meaning to finish this. I love love love Tori Amos!!! She’s an awesome singer/ songwriter!! I have read about 15% of this on my kindle. Next month I’ll be using my Audible credits to by the audiobook because it’s read by Tori Amos!!!
• The Switch by Beth O’Leary. I fell in love with Beth’s debut book, The Flatshare. I have been trying for days now to get this book from Netgalley just so I can start reading it before it’s released in the States. Unfortunately it looks like I may have to wait until August to read this. 😞 This one looks so cute too!!
• Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center. I read Get Lucky by Katherine and I really liked it. I have 2 books – Things You Save in a Fire and What You Wish For, from my Book of the Month subscription. If I do get around to reading the book this summer than I can finally cross 1 book off from my Book Of The Month reading challenge I’m trying to do this year (read at least 5 books I own from this company book subscription).
• The BFG by Roald Dahl. Ok confession time… I have not read a Roald Dahl book. Yup. I have apparently been hiding under a rock this whole time. I have seen some of his movies, my favorites being Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, and The Witches. I have not seen the movie for BFG yet. My nieces and nephew really liked this movie. So this summer I will try to read this book and then finally watch the movie.
• The Grownup by Gillian Flynn. This is another book I got from Book of the Month and it has been sitting on my tbr for a long time now. I haven’t read anything by Gillian and the only thing I’ve seen is in film is the miniseries, Sharp Objects. I really liked that miniseries. The cast was great and the story was both creepy and thrilling. The Grownup is a short short novella so hopefully I’ll be able to read it quickly for this challenge.
• Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix. This has been on my tbr for a long long long time now. I have heard some great things about Grady Hendrix‘s books! This book in particular had me at the very beginning for it’s cover and layout designs. It totally reminds me of an IKEA brochure. So this summer I am determined to finally getting around to reading this book!!
• Lock & Key, Vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill. I have mentioned in an early post of my 2020 books that I really really loved Joe Hill’s book NOS4A2!!! I also really love the tv show staring Zachary Quinto!! I do want to see the new show on Netflix for this graphic novel series. I am looking forward to reading these and then watching the show. Also I may read some of H. P. Lovecraft‘s short stories too (love those too!!).